Deadline Extended: #WriteforRoyalty for a Chance to Win a Contract With Us!5/29/2015
Attention unsigned songwriters! We just launched a songwriting contest via Twitter to find some fresh new talent! Here's a fun video explaining how to submit: https://vimeo.com/128145012
The deadline has been extended from Friday, June 12th to Friday, June 26th (12 PM Eastern Time).
And of course, here are the pitches:
Pop: Radio friendly or left of center. Soulful pop with attitude.
Hip Hop: Looking for the hit! Catchy and rhythmic. Open to all styles, so long as it's unique.
R&B: Soulful, modern, and alternative. Can be either uptempo or disco-influenced (The Knocks) or downtempo and woozy (The Weekend).
Electronic: Progressive production and Top 40 sensibility with powerful chorus. Melodic. Female vocals preferred.
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
- The Royalty Network, Inc.’s (“RoyNet”) #WriteForRoyalty Songwriting Competition (“Competition”) is open to all amateur and professional songwriters throughout the world (“Contestant”), provided such Contestant is not otherwise bound by any third party contractual obligations with respect to his or her musical work(s) and is free to contract. Employees of RoyNet, their respective families, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible.
- Each Contestant may submit only one song for the Competition (“Entry”). The song must be an original work written, in whole or in part, by Contestant, and fit the “pitch” for one of the four (4) different styles of Pop, Electronic, Hip-Hop or R&B. Lyrics must be in English. Entries must be submitted online by a “tweet” to Roynet’s twitter account @RoynetMusic with a hyperlink to an uploaded performance of the song (e.g., on YouTube or SoundCloud) and the hashtag #WriteforRoyalty by 12:00 p.m. Eastern time on June 26, 2015. RoyNet shall not be held responsible for any technical errors or difficulties with respect to any Entries (e.g., faulty file uploads, incorrect or inaccessible links). Songs and materials otherwise submitted to RoyNet (e.g., physical or email submissions) shall be immediately disqualified and will not be reviewed, judged or returned by RoyNet. If the song is written jointly with co-authors, only one name should be designated as the Contestant for each Entry or the owner of the twitter account who submitted the Entry will be deemed the Contestant.
- Entries will be screened by a select listening committee of music industry professionals employed by RoyNet and judged based on melody, composition, originality and lyrics and how well the song fits one of the four (4) “pitches”. One (1) Contestant will be announced as the winner (“Winner”) on or about June 26, 2015. Winner will be featured on the RoyNet website at www.roynet.com and will be given the opportunity to enter into an exclusive songwriting contract with RoyNet.
- Contestants retain full ownership rights, title and interest in and to their respective Entries. Notwithstanding the foregoing, by entering the Competition, Winner authorizes and grants RoyNet the right to use Winner’s name, likenesses, biographical information, voice, and the Entry, for all promotional and public relations purposes in any and all form, manner and media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional cost or consideration. To the extent permitted by law, all intellectual property in such advertising shall be owned by RoyNet and the Winner hereby forever and irrevocably disclaims and waives any and all rights and interests in and to such property.
- At RoyNet’s request and within fourteen (14) days thereafter, Winner shall execute and deliver an affidavit attesting to and confirming, inter alia, Winner’s eligibility to enter the Competition and that the Entry is an original work created, owned and controlled, in whole or in part, by Winner. Failure to sign and return such affidavit and the discovery of any false or inaccurate information thereon will result in immediate disqualification of the Entry and an alternate Winner may be selected at RoyNet’s sole discretion. If the Winner is under eighteen (18) years of age, the signature of a parent or guardian will be required for all purposes. If the winning Entry is a joint work, only the name designated as the Contestant shall be deemed the Winner and the Winner shall be solely responsible for any obligations to and claims by any co-authors.
- By entering the Competition, each Contestant acknowledges, represents and warrants each and all of the following, on behalf of Contestant and any co-authors and collaborators with respect to the Entries (and their respective parents or legal guardians if Contestant or any co-authors and collaborators are minors) (jointly and severally, “Collaborators”): (i) Contestant has all rights, power and authority necessary to participate in the Competition and to perform in accordance with all of these Official Rules & Regulations; (ii) the Entry is an original musical composition and does not and shall not interfere or violate the rights of any third party; (iii) Contestant shall accept the decision(s) of Roynet and its agents and designees as final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Competition; (iv) Contestant shall be bound by these Official Rules & Regulations and all applicable law; and (v) RoyNet and its agents and designees shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever in connection with any of Contestant’s acts or omissions in connection with the Competition or anything related thereto. Contestants and their respective Collaborators shall at all times, defend, indemnify and hold harmless and hereby irrevocably and forever release RoyNet and its agents and designees from and against any and all claims, injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, any copyright infringement or intellectual property claims, arising from or in connection with the Entry, participation in the Competition, and any breach of Contestant’s acknowledgements, representations and warranties contained herein. Winner further releases RoyNet and its agents and designees from any and all liabilities in connection with the award and any benefit resulting therefrom or relating thereto, including, without limitation, under any applicable tax laws or regulations, which shall be Winner’s sole responsibility.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. RoyNet will make good faith efforts to announce the Winner at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays, and hereby reserves the right to extend the entry deadline and screening periods. Except at RoyNet’s sole discretion, no transfer, substitution or cash equivalent of the award described herein shall be allowed. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
- BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION, CONTESTANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. ANY CONTESTANT OR ENTRY WHICH VIOLATES THESE OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, SHALL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AT ROYNET’S SOLE DISCRETION.